Monday, January 18, 2010

The law of averages is corrupt. I am pretty sure that if it adhered to actual averages, I would have a job by now. I have applied to no less than 118 jobs since we moved back home - and yes, I did get one offer from Wal Mart, but for less money than it would cost me to accept it (daycare, gas) so that would not really benefit us. I would love to be able to get out there and do a face to face application, but then I run into the situation of what to do with the kids during this time? Hubby works from home, yes, but he has to actually be able to work and not have 2 kids competing for his attention or trying to kill each other in the background. We can't have his work disrupted because it is our only income so I am in that old catch 22 loop. What exactly am I to do now? We have no health insurance, income is just barely covering living expenses and I can't seem to find anything to help. I even tried to apply online for a prep job at McDonald's but it will not accept applications using the browser we have...WTH?? The pressure is mounting to be sure and I can feel myself heading back into the abyss of depression because of this. Nothing like being made to feel like you are not worthy by dozens of employers a day to keep you down!! Work from home would be amazingly ideal, but I have yet to come across any of those offers that are legit. Everything asks for a fee of some sort to sign up and you know, that is a huge red flag. If I had money to toss around, I would not be looking for a job! I have to find an outlet to let me vent and kick and scream, and then hopefully to allow me to find that I am still the person I always was, and that I am worthy of having a job and doing my part to provide for my family. Hell, I can't even go back to school thanks to a fraudulent student loan obtained in my name almost 20 years ago that is now very delinquent. I can't seem to get anywhere with the department of education by explaining to them that I graduated from the school in question and did not use more than one loan - even when I provided a copy of my diploma. The school sent me copies of the "records" and the signatures on the 2 applications are so clearly NOT the same, it is sad. It is more than frustrating and now it is keeping me from furthering my education and training in a hope to do more for my family. Nice. Okay, I am done. I am just gonna go sit over there in the corner for a while.

No comments: