Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh yeah, I do have a Blog to maintain....oops

Okay so it has been a while... a long while...since I was here and wrote anything. I tried reading my last entries and I cannot do it. I mean, I have the ability, I just can't do it. We are coming up on the 1 year mark since Zane broke his leg and he is doing amazingly well. You would likely never know he was injured, save for the continuous warnings by me to not run in the house or he will fall. He still is not 100% potty trained, but I have to think that has more to do with the trauma of falling off the potty stool and breaking his leg than his ability to master the task. I am reasonably sure if I had done similar, my own approach to whatever it was would be very cautious. We go back in a few weeks to have his legs measured to be sure there was no growth inhibited. He will have to have xrays, and the mere thought of putting him back into that setting without him fully understanding why has me concerned already. Cross that bridge when we get there, tho.

Anyway, to recap - Zane is great, Macy is great and we have all made it into 2011 in reasonable health. I have a newfound passion that indeed takes a lot of my time, but because I enjoy it so much, I don't really mind. I became a Paranormal Investigator. Yes, like the guys on TV, a ghost hunter if you will. I LOVE IT. It all happened quite by accident it seemed at the time, but now I wonder if there were not forces at work 'behind the scenes' of sorts. I've made some wonderful new friends, formed a team of investigators with some of them even. I've gotten to meet other paranormal investigators all over Florida in person and online I've 'met' them all over the US and beyond. Some are people I consider to be great friends, some I am incredibly drawn to and find myself absorbing their information like a sponge. Some, well, as with all large groups, some are nuttier than a squirrel turd. This is not always a bad thing, but sometimes it is just too much.

I spend WAY too much of my time on Facebook. It was not something I even wanted to mess with a couple of years ago, and now I can't get thru my day without being on there. I guess it is my social life now, so I cling to it like a lifeline. I am still out of work so there are not funds to actually go out and have a social life, but I can't just sit in the house and do nothing. There are some who will argue that is exactly what I am doing, but I don't care. The house is not perfect but the people in it are clean, dressed and fed on a regular basis so I am fine with it. Yeah, I do not keep it as clean as I used to. I admit that I could do more, but I can't for the life of me find the urge to. I do okay.

Okay I am going to try very hard to maintain this thing like I said I would. I do like having the outlet and while I cannot imagine anyone actually wanting to read the stuff I write here, I do appreciate the support from those who do. Without my friends, I am not sure what I would do. You know who you are. Give yourself a little pat on the back or a bit of chocolate or something. You do good work.

No comments: